Sunday was the day that I was most looking forward to on this trip. I knew that it would be super easy to see so many of our friends in one stop. Steve and Todd were still on their adventure so Christie and I had all the kids at church with us. Savanna got to see her old babysitter Brielle, Paige went to nursery with no crying (that was a first). I got to see so many wonderful friends that I think about all the time. I really enjoyed getting to hear my favorite boy bear his testimony in sacrament meeting. Sunday after church we got invited to join the Hakes family for dinner at their home. It was so fun getting to catch up with friends and enjoy a good meal as well. All the kids started a soccer game just before we left and it was fun to see the younger kids playing with the older kids. Thanks Hakes family for the fun evening!!!
On our way back to the Carlson's I decided that there was one more stop that we needed to make. I called my friend Sandy Falter to see if they were home so that Savanna could see her friend Emmalee. They had just gotten home from a family reunion, but so gratiously invited to come stop by. As we pulled up their driveway Savanna said "oh, I remember coming to this house to play". Once inside, the girls ran off playing as if we hadn't been gone for 2 years. It was fun to sit and chat with Sandy and the rest of her family.
Monday was a day of goodbyes. Christie and her kids were heading up to Seiku to join Todd and some other family members that come into town. The girls didn't want their friends to leave they have had too much fun this week. Ashlyn was a sweetheart to the girls. Callie and Savanna played and had fun everyday teaching each other new tricks on the trampoline. Maleah and Paige played very well together for each being the youngest and not wanting to share most of the toys. But they really did good and I think it helped them both in the sharing department. I cannot express my gratitude enough to the Carlson family for allowing us to stay with them for our vacation. THANK YOU so much, I hope we can return the favor sometime when you visit Utah.
After Christie left, I loaded my girls up and we headed out to one of our favorite locations Lattin's Cider Mill. This cute little farm has animals of all sorts for the kids to see and feed. But my favorite thing is the fresh produce and pies and cider that they sale in the store. The girls and I got some fresh doughnuts and a little slushie of cider before heading on our way. Had we gone out on Saturday we could have gotten their yummy fresh apple fritters, but we settled for some doughnuts that were still yummy. I tried to take them to Tolmie State Park, but you have to pay now to get in. When we lived here it was a free park, so we returned to the Carlson's and waited for Steve to get home from Seiku. For dinner we hit up one of our favorite places to eat The Oyster House. Their spinach artichoke shrimp dip is delish and we enjoyed getting to sit outside and watch boats coming and going. It was a great way to end our trip home to Washington. Tuesday morning we hit the road nice and early (4:30 am) to make the car ride home to Utah. Although I enjoyed my time in Washington, I was ready to get back home and be among my family members again.

| Jen I hope you don't mind me borrowing this picture from your blog |
Monday was a day of goodbyes. Christie and her kids were heading up to Seiku to join Todd and some other family members that come into town. The girls didn't want their friends to leave they have had too much fun this week. Ashlyn was a sweetheart to the girls. Callie and Savanna played and had fun everyday teaching each other new tricks on the trampoline. Maleah and Paige played very well together for each being the youngest and not wanting to share most of the toys. But they really did good and I think it helped them both in the sharing department. I cannot express my gratitude enough to the Carlson family for allowing us to stay with them for our vacation. THANK YOU so much, I hope we can return the favor sometime when you visit Utah.
After Christie left, I loaded my girls up and we headed out to one of our favorite locations Lattin's Cider Mill. This cute little farm has animals of all sorts for the kids to see and feed. But my favorite thing is the fresh produce and pies and cider that they sale in the store. The girls and I got some fresh doughnuts and a little slushie of cider before heading on our way. Had we gone out on Saturday we could have gotten their yummy fresh apple fritters, but we settled for some doughnuts that were still yummy. I tried to take them to Tolmie State Park, but you have to pay now to get in. When we lived here it was a free park, so we returned to the Carlson's and waited for Steve to get home from Seiku. For dinner we hit up one of our favorite places to eat The Oyster House. Their spinach artichoke shrimp dip is delish and we enjoyed getting to sit outside and watch boats coming and going. It was a great way to end our trip home to Washington. Tuesday morning we hit the road nice and early (4:30 am) to make the car ride home to Utah. Although I enjoyed my time in Washington, I was ready to get back home and be among my family members again.


No comments:
Post a Comment