This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Savanna's New Accessory

Like our previous post shows, we spent Saturday at the airshow. Well, while we were there Savanna took a little fall. She was standing on a tripod chair and it collapsed on her. She used her hands to brace herself from the fall. Afterwards, she wouldn't stop crying, she kept telling us her arm hurt. I took her to see the medic that was there. After looking at it, he thought that it was just sprained really good. He gave us an ice pack to put on it, and that seemed to help calm Savanna down. It was still sore when we got home, but I hesitated to take her to urgent care. Sunday she was acting like it was feeling better, until she decided to hit daddy in the tummy. So first thing Monday morning I got an appointment with her doctor to take a look at it. They thought it had a fracture in it and sent us for an x-ray. Their thought was correct, she indeed have a fracture in both of her bones on her right arm. I took her into the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and he showed me where the break was. It is about 1 1/2 inches up from her wrist. It didn't affect her growth plate, for which I am relieved. Anyways, we know have a purple cast on Savanna's right arm for the next 4 to 6 weeks. She seems to like it so far, let just hope that she still likes it next week. Anyways, here are just a couple of pictures of Savanna with her newest accessory.
In the splint after the Dr. yesterday Showing off her bruise from the fall Showing off her purple cast After a week, more xrays no change other than in the cast. This one's not such a club on her hand

3 comments:

The Fife's said...

Wow, she is good to have gone the whole weekend without the cast or knowing it was broken. What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

poor girl! but she even makes that cast look cute!

Diana said...

Oh no, look at her little cast. She is so cute, I hope she feels better fast! I'm in YW also out here in MD. I love it, I am the beehive advisor and think it's probably the best calling in the world. Looks like you love it too! I won't be at the family reunion, which makes me very sad. I'm glad I get to stay in touch this way though. Take Care.