has come to our sweet miss Savanna. On Monday she celebrated her 6th birthday and couldn't be more excited to finally reach that milestone. We had 3 days of parties and fun for this darling child. Saturday was a party with the Meyers side of the family. Steve smoked some ribs and we had cupcakes and ice cream. Kids running every where and fun being had by all the cousins. Savanna was looking through one of my cookbooks and found these cupcakes that she wanted to have. They were fun to make but very time consuming since I hate buying frosting at the store I had to make some from scratch and I had to unwrap so many starburst and frost them to look like presents. What I won't do to make sure my daughter has a great birthday.


On Sunday the primary sang to her at church and then when we got home mom started on her cake that we would be taking to our party on the Call side of the family. She saw this cake several months ago and decided that this was exactly what she wanted for her cake. I again had to make my frosting with my new favorite recipe that is just divine. I had some left over from Saturday but need a bit more to do the bigger cake. I think it turned out so cute and she was excited to show all of her cousins when they got to grandma and grandpa's house. We had a fun dinner of Cafe Rio shredded pork salads or burritos. Of course there was more running around by the cousins and even some outside time on the swings. Then it was time for presents and cake and ice cream. Savanna was spoiled by her extended family this year.


On Monday, her actual birthday, she didn't have school because it was a quality teaching day. So she got to have fun all day. We ran a couple of errands for her treats to take to school on Tuesday. The girls and I met Steve at Classic Fun Center in Layton after he got off work. Savanna skated, jumped and climbed to her hearts content with Paige trying to follow right behind her. On the way home, she told me "mom, this has been the best birthday ever!" Savanna is such a joy to have in our family and I am grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to be our daughter. She is a wonderful friend to her sister. She loves to learn and go to school, she reads really well for her age. She loves to make new friends and loves to play with the kids in the neighborhood.
WE LOVE YOU NANNY BUG!
2 comments:
I can't believe she's 6! The cake and cupcakes are SO cute!
Happy Birthday Savanna! It sounds like there was lots of partying going on. Great job on the cupcakes and cake; they look awesome!
Post a Comment