This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Friday, November 7, 2014

Oh No Not Again!

I am seriously such a slacker when it comes to blogging these days.  I use my phone for pictures and just share them on instagram and forget to blog them for those that still follow our blog.  Please accept my sincere apologies.  I will try to do better.
 
Since my last post lots of fun things have happened.  Steve and I celebrated our 11th anniversary at the end of July.  He surprised me with a trip to Dallas, I'll post about that later.  August found us getting the girls ready to start school.  Paige celebrated her 5th birthday with a party at the splash pad with some of her best friends. On her actual birthday Paige got to go through the Ogden Temple open house with all of her Call Cousins.  It is such a beautiful building and a great way to experience heaven on earth.  Savanna is now in 4th grade and is super excited to have her best friend in her class this year.  Paige is in Kindergarten and is loving going to school on the school bus.  Barrett and I love watching her get on the bus every day and waving as it comes back around in front of the house after picking up the other kids in the neighborhood.  The house sure is quiet with both girls gone during the day.  Barrett usually naps and I get things done without interruption. The last Saturday in August Steve completed the Crystal 51 bike ride with the scout troop from our ward.  The kids and I worked one of the pit stops for the riders.  They got super excited when daddy came through.  We had fun swimming at Crystal Hot Springs after the ride was done.  Savanna and I may join Steve in the ride next year.
 
September found Steve and I heading to Dallas for our trip (I'll do a separate post). I have come to realize that as I have gotten older, I don't do well with turbulence on planes.  We are thankful to Grandma Call for watching the kiddos while we were gone.  She is the BEST!!! We also spent every weekend in September on the soccer field watching Savanna play.  I think her favorite game was the week that the field was a giant puddle of water.  Not a dry spot on the field.  She has really become a good little soccer player.  She loves to play goalie and is a great defender.
 
October came and went with mom spending lots of time at the sewing machine.  I made curtains for a neighbor and then started Savanna's Halloween costume.  This year was the first year I didn't make everyone's costumes.  Paige dressed up as Elsa and she got that dress up for her birthday.  I did crochet her a wig to wear.  Barrett went as a Ute football player.  Savanna was a beautiful Egyptian.  Halloween night we were joined for trick or treating by Aunt Rebecca, cousin Raquel, Grandma Call and Aunt Celeste.  Steve had a brilliant idea to hook our trailer up to a four wheeler and pull us around the neighborhood.  We put glow in the dark necklaces all over the trailer so cars would be able to see it.  Chairs covered the bed of the trailer and we had a fun time.  Covered more area in less time and the kids got way to much candy.  I think we'll do it again next year and invite some neighbors to join us on the ride.
 
This brings us to November.  Steve and I will celebrate another birthday this month.  We will gather with family to celebrate Thanksgiving and of course there is always football to watch.
 















 


No comments: