This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Monday, May 25, 2009

A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE

With today being Memorial Day, we participated in a family tradition of visiting the graves of those we love and miss. This was a great learning experience for Savanna, as a few of them past away before she was born, or while she was still a little too young to remember them. We visited her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Call's site and left them some pretty flowers. We talked to her about how this was where Grandpa's mommy and daddy were. She remembers them a little, mostly because of the pictures we have around the house of them. We then went to visit her Great Great Grandma and Grandpa Larsen, these are my mom's grandparents. We also walked over to see Uncle Carlos's grave, he just pasted away in March, and we used to run into him and Aunt Kerma at Grandma and Grandpa Larsen's grave site. After visiting this cemetery, we headed to our last one for the day. This site was the burial site of Great Grandma and Great Grandpa White, and baby Carol Jean, my mom's sister that died when she was 3 months old. I showed Savanna that her Great Grandma had the same middle initial as her. Savanna Jullett Meyers has the same middle name as my grandmother Norma Jullett Larsen White. I am so grateful for all of the amazing people in my life that have touched me and helped to form me into the woman I am today. I miss all of my grandparents, but look forward to the day when I can be with them again. It has been a great Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

I agree with you, that is such a great way to teach your kids about ancestors and sacrifice.

Mike and Julina said...

Great way to spend the Holiday!

Kourtney said...

That is so sweet. How are you feeling? I love the babies ultrasound picture.