This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

1 event down, 3 major still to go!

Savanna in the new Durango Daddy & Savanna by the Glass Museum Mommy and Savanna Chillin' on the boat Our Jewels
The youth of our ward just had their annual dinner and auction fundraiser. It has been a crazy event to get planned, but none the less, it went very well. Between ticket sales and auction items we raised just over $6000.00. We will be using the Young Women portion to help with girls camp. Speaking of girls camp, I finally have a camp director!!!! I am very excited about that, because know I don't have to plan for the week. We do camp as a stake, so my camp director will be working with the stake on planning. That is just one more stress reliefs of my life. The 3 other major events we have going are 1. Trip to Utah for Celeste and Rhees's wedding. 2. Girls Camp when we get home. 3. The big 11 Stake Regional Dance Festival the week after Girls Camp. Once they are done, I will feel a ton better. But enough with my stresses. This week has been fun. Memorial day we went out looking for a new vehicle to purchase once our lease on the truck is up. We ended up purchasing a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited. It is fully loaded, and Savanna loves the dvd player in it. I think we have watched the same movie over and over, but I don't mind, she stays happy while we drive. Wednesday after music class, Savanna and I surprised Steve at work with a drink and a treat. She loves getting to see daddy at work. I think Steve enjoyed the short break as well. Thursday Savanna and I went with a couple of our friends to a really fun fabric store, a great bakery for a cookie, and then we ended up going to lunch with daddy. Again a very special treat for Savanna. Friday night we spent the evening at the church for the dinner and auction, we won some babysitting and some yard work from some of my girls. Yesterday was the real treat though. We took the boat out for a cruise along the south sound. We ended up going north to Tacoma. We found a little dock to tie off on for a few hours, and went for a fun walk through the University of Washington Tacoma campus. Then we went and had lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Savanna thought is was fun because they sat us in the trolley. We then headed back home, Savanna helped daddy wash the boat while I mowed the lawn. I then went over to a friends house for a little mommy time. It was fun just laughing and talking with some friends. Savanna and daddy went to their favorite store Cabela's while I was gone. Today has been just a lazy day, I think we have all taken naps after church. Let's see what this next week will bring us!

2 comments:

Lasting Memories by Marjean said...

Hey,

You are busy as bees. It is so fun to read all the fun and stressful things filling up your lives. Yeah for a camp director. That really will relieve some pressure. Your pics are fun and your darling Savanna singing her ABC's is adorable. We are excited to see you all for the wedding. We love you!

Mike and Marjean and the fam

The Fife's said...

wow, good luck with everything. I am sure the boys will get together while you are here, but we would love to see you as well.