This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Gratitude for Mothers

A couple of weeks ago, my Young Women were asked to join the Primary with a song for Mother's Day. We have been working on it for a couple of weeks now, and today was the first day to practice it with the senior Primary. As all my girls sang, "Sometimes when I see you, my daughter, my own. My heart fills with love seeing how you have grown. Your hands, once so small, have remained clean and pure. Your heart filled with love helps my own soul endure. The prayers that you speak give me faith to go on. And the smile in your eyes gives me hope for the dawn. Then I wonder why adn give thanks that I was chosen to be your mother" I got chills, and couldn't help but think of my own sweet little Savanna. She indeed does give me strength to go on each day. Then the primary children sang, "I've watched you, dear mother, each day of my life; I've seen how you smile through the joy and the strife. I've needed your love adn have known you were there. I've seen how you help to bring answers to prayers. The world that surrounds me is blind and unsure; But with you as my mother, I'm safe and secure. Then I wonder why and give thanks that I was chosen to be your daughter." My heart filled with gratitude for my own mother, who though facing a difficult time right now, gives me a sense of strength though hundreds of miles away. As Mother's Day is a week away, I wanted to express my gratitude for all the "Mother's" in my life. Thank you for your examples, your strength, and especially your love. I love being a mother, and am grateful everyday to hear those simple words from my sweet Savanna "I Love You Mommy!" I too wish to express my love to all of you! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

No comments: