This blog is for the purpose of sharing our fun family times with loved ones near and far. Please DO NOT use any of the pictures from this site with out our permission!
THANK YOU!!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

THE ADVENTURES OF HALLOWEEN

The week of Halloween was quite adventurous for our family. We started the week off by heading to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins for the front porch. Savanna had fun running through the field trying to find some that were big. She was able to cut the vine to get her picks as well. As were were leaving we ran into our old Bishop and his family, it is always fun to see old friends. Thursday was a party at preschool, to which Savanna decided she was going to dress up as a Seattle Seahawk cheerleader. I think her favorite part of that costume was that mom let her wear a little makeup. She had a lot of fun with her friends and her teacher. They played shrinking island, colored on pumpkins, decorated cookies, hit a pinata, and ate some yummy food. On Friday I dressed the girls up and we surprised Grandma Call at school in time to eat lunch with her. For this one, Savanna was Sharpay from High School Musical and Paige was a cute little trick or treat Fairy. Grandma even surprised us by being dressed up as Jill from Jack and Jill. She couldn't find Jack though, I think he rolled into the big mud whole outside of the school. Friday night we carved our pumpkins, Savanna and Steve did a regular old Jack-o-Latern, while I got a little more creative and used a whole lot of patients to create our Pirate-o-Latern. Savanna had fun, but didn't want to get her hands in the gooie mess. On Halloween we ate pumpkin shaped pancakes for breakfast. Savanna helped daddy rake up some leaves in the backyard. That afternoon the Snow White, Sleepy and I got ready and headed out to see Uncle Greg, Aunt Liz, Katelyn, Kenzie and Tommy. They were dressing up with characters from Wicked. Greg even has green spotlights on his house to make it look the part. After leaving their place, we headed to the Mofia Man's house again for our bucket full of treats. This guy sure loves Halloween, he has soooooooooo much candy to give out. I'm just glad we got there before the crowd hit. We hit a couple of other houses on our way home. Savanna couldn't wait to get out in our neighborhood to knock on doors. Steve took her out along with a few other parents in the neighborhood so that she could trick or treat with friends. She had a great night, and was tired when she got home. This morning she asked me when it would be Halloween again so that she could go get more candy, "because I didn't get enough last night mommy". I told her she got plenty and would have to wait until next year. Oh to be young again!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was so glad you came over to trick or treat!

Jen Hakes said...

What a fun week you had! Don't you just love playing dress up with your girls?

Mike and Julina said...

FUN FUN and more FUN!!!